Reiki Center of Venice ~ Aromatherapy and more
The Holistic Aromatherapy Certification Course
The Reiki Center of Venice believes that if you have a passion for flowers and aromas, then we can help you to enhance your knowledge when you are ready to become a student of Aromatherapy. We strive to give our students the most recent, up-to-date information in accordance with NAHA standards of excellence.
To become an applicant to this study program you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be able to read and understand English
- Successfully complete all assignments and pass the final exam with a 80% or better grade.
The Reiki Center of Venice does not discriminate with regards to race, sex, age, physical impairment, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.
Once we receive your order for the selected course, you will be mailed your course along with a student registration form that must be filled out and returned to the Center along with your completed assignments, tests, book report and final blend. You will then be given a student ID# afterward.
The Holistic Aromatherapy Certification is a 250 hour course broken down as follows:
- Level One-Introduction to Aromatherapy (50 hours)
- Level Two-Advanced Aromatherapy (200 hours)
Level One--Introduction to Aromatherapy
Course follow the standards and suggestions on the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA).
All brand new and up dated information.
Discover how you can have an exciting career in Aromatherapy
Course includes manual and computer CD + for a limited time-you will receive a free bag of dried calendula flowers and directions on how to make your very own Calendula oil!
- Introduction to the History and use of Aromatherapy
- Profiles of 20 essential oils
- Profiles of 20 carrier oils
- The basics of Blending
- The basics of olfaction and the psychology of essential oils
- Basic Chemistry of essential oils
- Methods of producing essential oils
- Applications of essential oils
- Contraindications of essential oils
- Endangered species
- and more.....
Upon Completion of this course students will be able to:
- Discuss the history of Aromatherapy
- Discuss uses for essential oils throughout history
- Define how essential oils are produced
- Demonstrate how to use 20 essential oils and carriers oils
- How to take a Client History
- How to formulate a blend for Client's specific needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of the chemistry of essential oils
- Be able to develop clear goals for an Aromatherapy practice
- Define difference of fragrance vs essential oils
- Define difference in oils due to country of origin
- Define elements in determining the quality of an essential oil
- Discuss a variety of oils to use for specific facial needs
- Discuss a variety of oils to use for specific bodily needs
- Provide an overview of the olfactory system
- Demonstrate knowledge in the contraindications of essential oils
There are no prerequisites for taking this course
Students will receive a Certificate upon successful completion of this course.
This program will aide massage therapists who are looking for more knowledge on creating a healthy practice for themselves and for their clients. Spa practitioners, acupuncturists, store owners and healthcare providers will also benefit themselves, their clients and their customers by increasing their knowledge and uses for essential oils.
Essential oils are NOT included in this course.
Students will have to complete the following for certification:
- 5-10 page book report
- 10 case studies and follow-ups
- Final Blend creation
- Final Level Test
***You will also receive an instructional CD or DVD to watch and follow along.
*****As an added bonus and for a limited time-you will also receive a bag of dried calendula and an instructional CD or DVD with instructions on how to make your own Calendula oil. ALL FREE!
Order Level One Basic Aromatherapy Level One Certification for $150 plus $13.99 postage here:
Reiki Center of Venice
P.O. Box 554
Venice, Fl. 34293
HOME STUDY COURSE
"Thank you! I came to class with very low expectations...and was so pleased with your knowledge, enthusiasm and encouragement. I learned so much! Thanks again," J.
"Loved it-Thank you for info and inspiration!" JM